Friday, October 31, 2008

Oaks of Righteousness

I received the below email (in italics below) from Crosswalk.com and loved it.

I might just be a 'little acorn' right now.... but I know that God is at work. I know He will continue to use me. I used to have so much stress/anxiety about being used, doing as much as He wanted me to..... but I have continued to ask for patience and faith. Be careful what you ask for, right? I know the best way He teaches us to have patience & faith is by making us wait on Him.. a lot... and I believe He's doing that :)

When I focus on how others are being used and focus on my own 'results', I get discouraged, I get off track. And God gently pulls me back and tells me to get re-focused. That my eyes and heart are on Him and Him alone. That His plan & timing are perfect and as long as I'm with Him and abiding in Him, He will take me where He wants to, and do with me what He wants... my job is just to cling to Him. I am so thankful He is helping me make Him my idol and not anything else...

I know that I am burrowing down, growing good strong roots in the wee hours when nobody is looking.... and I know I'm tapped into the source of nourishment and strength.... and I pray to be a big strong oak some day! :)

They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:3

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART
My child, do you sometimes feel like a tiny acorn surrounded by huge oak trees? I hear your sighs. I know how badly you want to grow, yet there are times you may see no progress at all. Trust Me. I am the planter. It takes years to grow a sturdy oak. Don't be impatient. Just because you can't see the branches doesn't mean My power is not at work in you. Your labor is not in vain. In time, you, too, will become an oak that offers shade and blessing to many.


A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
At times I've wished to be a strong, sturdy oak, or maybe a pine whose green branches grace the forest all year. Yet sometimes I feel like I'll always be a twig. You decide what I'll be, according to Your divine plan. I'll bloom, Lord, wherever I'm planted.

SIMPLE TRUTH
He is the planter; we are the seed. Stay plugged into Him. Let Him do the work.







I LOVE oak trees. a lot. :) This is the house down the road from us that Brandon and I want to buy.... what attracted me to it was that live oak tree.... but it's not a priority whatsoever and as everything else - we can do without it! We'll just wait and see what is in God's plan.


No comments: