Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Blankie

51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. Matthew 27:51

When my heart is heavy, and I am painfully trying to carry it around inside all by myself....
you gently & patiently beckon me into your lap and wrap it around me.

The curtain that once represented our separation is now my blankie.
Wrapping it around me so every bit of me is covered & protected, you let me weep.

The curtain that once was a reminder of my filthy sin and inadequacies
now is the beautiful comfort you soothe my soul with.

Your only Son's finished work gave to me the most precious gift of all:
Ever-lasting intimacy with my Abba Father.

Wrapped in your arms I know nothing but you Daddy.
Your love your grace your peace your joy your patience.

My blankie reminds me daily of your power & mind-blowing ways:

Only you could take something once so cold, formal & distant
and turn it into the warm snuggly blankie to soothe my Spirit.

Only you Lord can take a heart that is empty yet heavy,
pour into it and give it back fuller yet lighter.

My words of thanks are not enough but Daddy THANK YOU for this blankie,
the reminder of what you did for me through your son Jesus.

The most precious gift this world doesn't know it is desperate for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randi, just stopping by to say hi :) Thank you for this post which was a reminder for me of the preciousness of the gift that we have been given of relationship and closeness with God, because of what Jesus did for us on the cross.
Blessings to you :)

Mark (under construction) said...

A light appeared - the kingdom of God is here!!! - it has arrived.

Thanks for the Post ...

Enjoy the season.