Monday, August 18, 2008

Do you put names on your to-do list?

I read this paragraph on this blog and had to put it here. I think about this same thing a lot. I am sure I have battled this I am sure that I REALLY do not want to ever be like this.....

I always knew this idea, but never was able to put it into words like she writes here. What a beautiful heart she has...

I don't say that because I see you as a "project," or because I want to add you to my list of people I can brag about "converting." Before I was a believer, I had experiences with a few Christians who made me feel like I was on their "to-do" list, and I was irritating to them because they wanted to just cross me off and move on. I promised myself that I would never make anyone feel like they were valuable to me because I had a goal with them. I truly, truly, love people, and I truly, truly, love Jesus. It's actually pretty simple

1 comment:

Robin said...

Good question... check the motives... we wouldn't want people to feel like we thought they were something we could be done with or something that could be checked off a list. I'd never write my child's name so it could be checked off, but I might write an activity like help daughter clean her room - so I could say CHECK.

Becoming like Jesus isn't really something we can check off a list and winning people to Jesus isn't a chore we complete, but a lifestyle.