Thursday, August 21, 2008

Psalm 139:13-16 - Children are a Blessing

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13 - 16

I am SO thankful for my life right now. Some days I wake up and say this is too good to be true! Is this REALLY my life!? Is this really my full time job!? There is no way that God loved and trusted me enough to take care of and be responsible for this most important treasure!!


Children are not burdens, God - they are blessings, they are gifts! Just like your son Jesus, the world is rejecting them, God. Why don't we value life anymore God? We must not understand our own value and where it comes from, right? Because if we did - we would value all life, right?


Yes Raymond has tantrums, yes we battle with our strong wills, yes I thoroughly enjoy when he's napping --- but I wouldn't trade him or his strong personality for anything! I will always be thankful for him! I will always wake up thanking you for him. I will always thank you for him in the moments when I think - I just can't take anymore. I will sing out thanksgiving when I want to scream out something else.

I will pray for him to be able to conquer the flesh of his temper like I have had to do -- but when God helps him overcome that and he tunnels that same passion for good things - he will be unstoppable!

GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH for entrusting him to me! I will always do whatever I can to make him feel wanted, loved, accepted and cared for and show him that that unconditional love and acceptance is from you alone!!

My heart breaks for babies who don't have that..... God please protect these babies, please comfort them, please wrap them up in your arms when the world tells them they aren't wanted. Don't you do that right away, God? My only comfort is that you are right there when the world tosses them aside. I know that YOU want them and I know that you always protect, always love, and always care for them. My heart is aching God for these babies - will it get worse - will this continue to happen to more and more babies? 95% of the time the babies are healthy God - they are just not wanted. I feel like I almost can't bear to see it...come soon please God. I know my sins are just as ugly and just as destructive - but these poor babies...

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Thanks for visiting, Randi Jo. And I'm glad I read this post. It's profound. I can sense what you mean
when you talk about your heart aching for babies who are not properly loved and cared for. One of the most upsetting things to see is a child in pain or anguish. It goes RIGHT to the heart. Ddi you see "Titanic"? To me, one of the most dreadful bits was not Jack Dawson going beneath the water, although that was bad; but the quick glimpse of an untended baby shown during the panic evacuation. Blessings to you.