People are looking and we're gonna keep reaching out to them. Engaging in their lives, loving on them and doing whatever we can to show them that God loves them and has a plan for them! Brandon and I have found our specific purpose and we are totally fired up about it. We are passionate and just amazed at all God is doing!
God is so awesome - it was just such perfect timing to meet these couples. Yesterday was the first week of this new class/study and it was their first week coming! How cool!! :) God is at work in this community so so much. Looking back it seems that our relationship with each couple, was just based on interactions that were just tiny little threads that could have easily not existed or been broken --- but we know that that thread was no thread at all - because it was God's plan. I sure am thankful that we listened when God said - reach out.
I was in the nursey so I missed the class - but I just read what they went over and I loved it. I am really really really excited for what God will do through this study.
The most important things that spoke to me were:
- Knowledge must be balanced with discernment. (check out Phillipians 1:9-10)
- Knowledge must be balanced with grace (see 2 Peter 3:18)
- Knowledge must be balanced with love. (see I Corinthians 13:2 & I Corinthians 8:1)
and then warning signs:
- warning signs of knowledge without discernment: knowledge remains theoretical; one person or group becomes a person's exclusive source of knowledge (like a certain author, certain friend, certain blog you always read.... I fall victim to this sometimes!.... the only source that is always the exclusive source of knowledge is the Word)
- warning signs of knowledge without grace: learning more about God without growing closer to God; legalism
- warning signs of knowledge without love: knowledge leads to intolerance of others; growth in knowledge leads to a growth in pride
I loved all of this teaching. Without knowing the exact words or thoughts -- this is what I have been praying in the past few weeks. I believe there needs to be a better balance in these areas in my life --- and everybody's life really.
There are so many who have love and tolerance.... but they have made love & tolerance their idol at the expense of Truth..... because they don't know the knowledge/doctrine. Love without True will also lead to darkness. and at the same time --- Truth without love leads to darkness as well.
God please continue to bless me in our quiet times and in my reading times. Fill me up with knowledge and fill me up with love. Help me have discernment and learn to listen to the Spirit as I listen to other's teachings.
let the Truth be heard God. Continue to build up your army. Help the church find a better balance of discipleship, evangelism & community. A better balance of knowledge, love & grace.